There were some strong reminders in seerah’s class the other day so I thought I’d share them.
Go through the story of Ifk + 1st 10 ayahs of Surah An-Noor before reading on. :p
- Understand that the most important thing for a woman is her character and her honor. So avoid places which are not only bad but even doubtful.
- Do not travel alone with a man.
- Do not go to the doctor’s clinic alone.
- A man is a man no matter what his age is.
- No man can be like your father or brother.
- Labeling someone as your brother and saying this is trust is absolutely wrong. You can’t even trust yourself, how can you trust him?
- Allah SWT says in the Quran: ” So do not claim yourselves to be pure; He is most knowing of who fears Him.” (53:32).
- If a man and woman are alone, third between them is Shaitan. Nabi s.a.w said that, how can you deny it?
- This applies in the virtual world as well, where everything has become what you call ‘personal’. Your laptop, your mobile, your iPad etc. The rules still apply.
- Don’t even trust your driver. No, not even if he is low in status.
- Being married and being older does not matter either when it comes to the opposite gender.
- Be very careful when talking to your jeweler or tailor. Or when you go shopping and want a bargain. Do not sell your eman (faith) for a little money.
- Avoid laughing loudly even in hijab.
- You should know the proper way to talk to a man. Because you will have to interact with them living in this world so it’s better if you know the proper way.
- Women do have sensors. Whenever you sense something be even more cautious.
In short “bachna hai”. How? Sense it yourself.
Remember: Not going into sharr is one thing, do not even go near its path.